Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Almost there......

Week 6... going on week 7.


97% can you believe them apples??  That was the result of my last PFT test. I was shooting for 100% but failed after 6 attempts. I have PFTs again tomorrow and will see if I can shatter the 97. 

I am currently finishing my first of two weeks of an IV course to get rid of the cough that I previously had. The IV's and inhaled TOBI seem to be doing the trick. I was able to air my port site (where the needle goes under the tagaderm that keeps it sterile) out today. The weather was bad so my medicine was delayed by a few hours. Now when I go to put my needle back in to resume treatment the site will be less dry and itchy. 

This week I have the normal pulmonary rehab excercise and labs plus additional Doctor appointment and bronchoscopy!  I will have stuff to report later this week and early next week!! Other good news is that after a long hard haul, Apria finally came and took all my oxygen away!! I know mom and dad are glad to have the space in their garage back from the bunches of tanks that were on board.  Here's another step to freedom. 

The snow is nice and white, glad i'm not out in it right now! I have a feeling my son is enjoying it greatly right now! 

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear you are doing well! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm nervous for you! You're gonna hit at least 99 tomorrow for sure! You'd better text me! Good luck & yay for Apria finally doing something right! (We still haven't received Paige's order that I placed the day after we left the hopsicle) Anyway, keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly amazing! Keep up the good recovery friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looves the snow, you're right!! Keep up your good work!! Also, keep your chin up today. I know it's a rough day on you all.

    ReplyDelete