Sunday, July 31, 2011

Midsummer's day report!



8 Months and counting! PFT's 116% and holding. Weight slowly climbing to the 140's. Life is GREAT!

Many thanks again for all the support and prayers during the last several months. Its been a while so I thought I'd let everyone know whats going on:

Last March (2010) I assisted coaching baseball, and boy was it a chore. Last August/September (2010) I was a head coach of soccer, and I couldn't do it without oxygen or moving more than .5 mph. I couldn't walk up stairs hardly at this point last year and I was no where near thinking about a transplant. Well... the good news is, this year I coached t-ball and could run faster and longer than my 5 year olds. I'm getting ready to coach soccer and am hoping to run circles around the 5 year olds. As for the stairs, they don't even make a dent in my breath hardly.
I've been very busy working. With the recent tornado that blew through, lots of Electric to be put back up. I myself was not personally affected by the tornado other than long hours at work for a week and half but know several that were. Many prayers for them and the area. I was actually in St. Louis for my 6 month check up when the storm rolled in the area (the pictures do not do the damage justice). The check up went almost flawless with only a small report of some normal lung infection which was promptly corrected with a quick dose of IV antibiotics. No sign of rejection and happy reports from the doctor. The only slightly bad thing was that
i'm due for sinus surgery. I will attempt to tackle that at the beginning of 2012.


Brayden starts school this year! He is incredibly excited, and ready to start tomorrow if he could.

I'm so blessed to have these new lungs. I compare the pre and the post transplant lifestyle and the vast differences. I can stay up later, I have more energy. I can keep up with Brayden and Madde. I don't have to take a nap ever other hour, and I don't have to tote as many medicine machines around. I do however make time for rest, I take all my pills with me and I respect the gift that I have been given. I'm grateful for the new opportunities I've been given and the many more to come! I am excited!

For now its back to the grind! Another day gone by, many more to come. Here's to a little rain, slightly less high temperatures, great days, and another breath!






No comments:

Post a Comment