Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 1 of 3-month testing


The blood work, x-ray and pft's all turned out well.

My drug levels are fine. X-ray are fine, and my lungs sounded clear.

My PFT's were the best I've ever had, they registered at FEV1 of 111% The doctor claims that PFT's peak between 3 and 6 months, I'm voting for at least 115% we shall see. I contribute most of the success to being in the gym and working out at the YMCA. I can walk 2.75 miles in 45 minutes now with varying levels of incline. My legs are getting stronger as is the rest of my body.

I have a meeting on Thursday with the my transplant coordinator to discuss the logistics of a possible release. I will not know when I will be released until my bronchoscopy results come back at the end of this week. I have the procedure on the 15th.

Other news, is that last week I had my g-button (feeding tube) removed. The hole has healed up fine and should go pretty close to completely away. My scars are healing up perfectly and hopefully will be even more faint in the coming months. If not, I have battle wounds, but i'm winning!

Stay tuned for Bronch results at the end of the week.

ARB


1 comment:

  1. I was showing Bub your picture, and he kissed the phone. How sweet! He is so thrilled that you have your g tube out!!! He cannot wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete