Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Home sweet Home!!

I have made the transition home! The feeling is very Bittersweet, it is good to be getting back to my new "normal" but was tough leaving Mom and Dad. I am glad to be reunited with Brayden and we have spent quite a bit of time together already. I am being cautious as to not to over do it too much, but there is a lot to be done!

The results:

The Bronch from the 15th showed no rejection and just a little bit of infection, which is currently being treated by oral antibiotics. The blood levels, xrays, EKG, and bone density tests all came back fine! The most impressive statistic is my PFTs went from 101% to 111%!!!! Lungs of steel now!

I had a meeting with my transplant coordinator and figured out everything that I need to have done monthly can be done through my local doctor. I have my dentist, eye, blood, family doctor, all setup, working on PFT and XRAY. All results will be reported back to transplant team and any drastic changes will be handled by them and Barnes, smaller infections can be handled by family doctor with approval from transplant team.


I unloaded the packed car, and have slowly gotten things back where they go. I still have some organization to do but all in all things are well. I have been working out at the YMCA and have not quite been able to run on a treadmill, it feels awkward, I have walked some steep variable inclines, building the muscle back up and have been rotating with a stationary bike. The lungs outlast my body all day now, such an amazing switch. The neighbors have a trampoline and I was playing with Brayden and the neighbor kid, and probably jumped for 30 minutes. Vast improvement from that of the pre transplant days. I thought jumping was a great idea at the time, till the next day when I woke up and my legs were sore!! It reminded me of the first time I worked out in Texas and couldn't walk the next day. I am not complaining by any means just incredibly excited. I have been moving a lot more so my ribs are a little sore. Brayden thought it would be a great idea to take a walk one evening last weekend, since it was so nice out so we did that as well. I would say we walked close to 2 miles with Madde and himself and he hung in there the whole time! Walking in talking, the kid can go!

Its very good to be back at my house! Its been an incredible ride, one that I'm sure isn't over yet! Stay tuned and thank you for all the thoughts, prayers and well wishes!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for going home! I know most of your family and have kept up on your progress via Cheryl. Ironically, I also do research with the lung transplant group! It's amazing how the world can get so small! Especially coming from Union. I am so glad to hear you are doing well. Keep it up! Brigitte Mittler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perma-grin & a tear as I read your blog. So happy for you :D Kids are funny aren't they... Go go go! Keep the great news coming, always makes my day to hear your amaizing acomplishments.

    Michelle,Danny,Taylor & Danyell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Adam. My husband, Doug West, is a Riverton plant retiree. Retired a couple of years now. So, when we saw your item in the company magazine....well, it was a lot of memories for us. Our youngest son had CF, too. A lot of your pictures look awfully familiar for a lot of reasons. We wish you all the best with your recovery. You have a great future ahead. Barbara West

    ReplyDelete