Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry be-lated Christmas!

I hope this finds all well and safe through the first week of the big holiday season. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I was able to make it to Joplin and see my boy on Christmas Eve and then Christmas Day. I must say he woke up super early and he was so excited he wasn't going to go back to sleep so we just got up and enjoyed our Santa time. Brayden then came back with Mom, Dad, and I. Its been great seeing him. I can't wait to get back to him full time in Joplin. Brayden and Grandma have been enjoying the snow together! I took pictures and will post one or two soon. I hope all have a Happy New Year!!!



The glue is coming off my chest finally! The pain is just about gone and I have 3/4 full range of motion in my twisting, as long as I go slow. Pulmonary rehab is going very well. I am topped out at about 1.5 - 1.6 miles in 30 minutes on the treadmill. I just can't walk any faster. I have started to use the incline on the treadmill which will allow my heart rate to get closer to my target rate of 145 minimum. I feel an in shape Adam here before too long. I am noticing when I don't exercise for just one day! Two more weeks and I will be able to use my upper body to exercise!

I have PFTs on the 29th and no other scheduled appointments besides the normal few labs. I have decreased my prednisone and my taste is starting to come back a little bit. I have been eating like crazy. I need to continue to drink a lot of water, starting to get hard to do. I have this mental block I think on drinking water. I was doing really well but need to get back on track. I guess we all probably need to drink more water in reality but making myself do it is Hard.

God Bless!!!

ARB

2 comments:

  1. Christmas was great!!! I'm glad you didn't get snowed in and were able to join Brayden and I. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for him. Sounds like he was giving dad a run for his money today. Since everyone else is in bed, get some rest! Ttys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try drinking some crystal lite. They have the little packets that go in the bottles of water. Its a nice break from just plain water.

    ReplyDelete