Wednesday, December 8, 2010

That Blow...

72% up from 19% FEV1 - What you ask? That is my last blow (Pulmonary Function Test) with my old lungs and my first blow with my new lungs. These new puppies are working.

I feel amazing. I also feel tired, sore and ready to get back to real life. I know, I know, I need to keep taking it slow and recovery and I will. I am just so thankful that I was able to receive this miracle.

Drive...Excercise...Drive...Nap...Eat all night...Sleep and do it again, mixed in with some Dr. appointment and labs. The other great part is the amount of time I save by not having to do so many breathing treatments. Instead I take a handful of pills twice a day and some insulin.

Nurse Mom has been excellent. I'm waiting for the day when all the responsibility assumes back to me, but until then I will continue to enjoy the support she is giving me. I couldn't have asked for better parents for this whole journey.

The rest of this week will be routine. Next week will be PFTs, Bronchoscopy (my first ever), and more therapy.

Thanks for all your continued thoughts and prayers.  I am slowly getting back to the internet, stay tuned!!

AB

7 comments:

  1. Don't eat too much or you'll be in the same boat that you were in last night. Just a few more days!! Stay head strong!!! Baba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very happy for Adam!! Congratulations! God bless you and your amazing family! You all have had truly inspirational spirits throughout your lives! I've still got all of you in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We desperately missed your blogs. It has been like having withdrawal without them. Keep us informed whenever you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's hoping they crank up a little "Machinehead" in the background while at therapy to make the time pass quickly. We couldn't be happier for you and the your family!!! You are an inspiration to us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me smile!

    Ps. I've been getting asked the question 'Do you still have CF?' I know the answer is yes but would you in a nut shell let me know the legistics of your new breakdown?! Thnx sweety ;)

    love ya,
    cousin Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Adam! Glad you are doing great! Will get you those cookies you are craving real soon. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike and Lynne ElliottDecember 13, 2010 at 6:17 PM

    Adam,

    We were just given the link to your blog. It is so amazing and emotional to read about your journey and how well it is going. Knowing your dad in college, being so close to Jake, and having CF in my own family has always made me feel close to you and your family. We wish you continued progress and know that, in the process, you are educating a whole lot of people about CF. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete