Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm Active!!!!

Yeah! I am officially active on the transplant list. This means that if lungs become available I could be eligible for them!

The lung transplant has a criteria to be in order to receive lungs. The major factors are LAS(lung allocation score), height and blood type and antibodies present. Inside of the LAS are a lot of variables that can change at any point. Some may raise your score while others will lower. The main factor is blood type, can't match wrong blood types!

I'm excited, I'm ready for new lungs. I am improving in the hospital I walked for 30minutes today instead of just 10 minutes. I hope to be out of here and back to the house before too long.

I am also thankful to be on the list, and realize that anothers persons tradgedy will be my miracle and quite possibly the greatest gift one could give.

10 comments:

  1. Hang in there buddy!! :-) We love you!! You are the greatest-you are gonna beat this!! XOXO-Amanda - Tim- Kaylee - Cash-man

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you Everyday Adam! Jill K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great news! I've got you in my prayers that you'll get stronger every day and the transplant will come soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi uncle Adam this is KK hope you feel better.I miss you.I hope you feel ok. I love you.KK!Cash mises you to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great News! I'm down your way quite a bit for work, let me know if you ever need or want anything. I would be happy to drop it by.

    Tim L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'm sad to know that your on the list, because I know what that means, but also happy that your on the list! Focus on getting well enough to go home! Your in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are perhaps the most inspirational person ever, you take what life gives you and you always make the best of it :) You are always in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. reading your story makes me even prouder to be an organ donor should my future take that turn. best wishes to you and your family...keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear uncle Adam I hope you are feeling better! I am glad you got new lungs and that they work and you can brethe better! Love kk and Cash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear uncle Adam I hope you are feeling much better . I am glad you can breth better. Love kk and Cash.

    ReplyDelete