Sunday, November 28, 2010

Moving to My Private Room

Good news to report!

I worked hard today walking and exercising and my body's healing quite nicely. So as a nice reward for all my efforts I've been granted a room on "the floor" and I'm out of the OU, or Obersvation Unit.  Sorry, all of my dear old friends with thoracic issues, but I've got new lungs and I'm going to keep on advancing until I get myself out of this hospital and back home.  No hard feelings, but my outlook is "full speed ahead" and I'm not going to look back, at all. I'm moving to Rm 7108 in Queeny Tower.

Since I'm on quaranteen orders I'm fortunate that they will keep me in a room to myself and not be sharing with others. It's nice having the room, I'm actually spoiled from having such nice rooms up on the 13th floor of Quenny Tower.  Everyone that enters my room must gown up and wear gloves to protect me. If I leave the room for my walk and exercise I have to wear protection and a mask...don't want to pick up any bad germs.

I've got a phone in my room but I'm normally too tired to talk today, maybe in the next few days I'll have mom get my cell phone and laptop for me. I wear myself out sitting, walking and doing my new arm exercises, sure will be nice when I can do these and have more strength. They tell me the more exercise I do the faster I'll get my renewed strength and I'll be running a 10K in no time.  Ha, can't imagine that because I haven't been able to run since baseball season ended in High School.  I sure am enjoying these lungs...best thing that has happened to me in a long, long time.

Well, I need another nap, then I'm going to redecorate my room and get it set up just the way I like it.  Hmmm, I can't find any graham crackers around here, better hit the "Nurse button."

9 comments:

  1. Thank you Dane and Jo for keeping us posted. The pictures are amazing as is his coloring.

    Adam.. keep up the good work :) Glad you have your own room and maybe you will be able to rest better. Everyone at church is still saying many prayers for you and your family...if there is anything we can do, please let us know.

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Adam, Your progress is nothing short of a miracle. You are an amazingly strong person! I had a very thankful holiday due to your wonderful spiritfilled story. Hope you find your grahm crackers (Neal told us, lol) Keep on keepin' on :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    Dane & Jo, Wish I had half your strength and knowledge of life. hope your getting enough sleep.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    Love you all,
    cousin Michelle


    Love you all :D
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Adam and Adam's parents (Joann and Dane),
    I went to high school with the Brockmillers. :) I'm not sure if Adam will remember me other than as "the twins." lol. Anyway, I'm working for The Missourian newspaper in Washington now, and with all of your permission, I would love to interview the three of you for a story. I think this would be something everyone would love to read, especially in our community where everyone kind-of knows everyone. I know Adam is really tired and exhausted now, so we can do it on his time, of course, when he is able to talk for awhile. We can even do it over the phone and take a few minutes per day, or whatever is needed. Would you please ask Adam what he thinks about this? You can email me at myersk@emissourian.com or karenelizabethmyers@gmail.com.
    Either way I will continue to pray for Adam and his recovery! Have a wonderful day,
    Karen Myers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let us Praise and give Glory to Almighty God for His wonderful miracle and healing power in Adam.

    Give credit to the surgeons for their wisdom and skills but the Praise goes to the Lord.

    Who could have made the timing so perfect of the death of a perfect donor, to be available just when Adam, the recipient needed it. Who made the lungs the perfect size and shape, as well as all the connecting blood vessels and airways match perfectly so that the surgery could be done in more than half the time it normally takes.

    Great is our God and His mercy endures forever. Continue to pray that Adam’s body will not reject his new lungs and that there will be NO infection or other problems.

    Love Grandma & Grandpa Brockmiller

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep a truckin! A little boy half your size is waiting to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good, Adam. I am so happy to hear that you are progressing so well. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Adam,

    It's good to see how well you are doing!! I will continue to pray for full and quick recovery!

    Jeff Fox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Buddy,

    Its good to see your off to a fast Recovery! I will keep praying for you everyday!

    We will talk soon and can't wait to see you.

    Kevin Rahl

    ReplyDelete
  9. slap some icing on those graham crackers!

    ReplyDelete