Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's a Mini Marathon

Here we are on day 3, Saturday I think,  and I'm feeling pretty good. I've been sitting up quite a bit and still very uncomfortable in the chest, it must be these 4 big chest tubes in me.  It might also be all of the pushing and pulling they did on my chest to get the job done, either way the lungs are working great and I'm breathing just fine.

I took a long walk today, did my first 1000 ft walk, one of the requirments to move on to the next phase.  Once my chest tubes have a derease in oozing I'll get these things out and know I will feel much better.  I'll keep walking and working to get out of the OU...then off to a regular floor and will continue my rehab therapy.

Stay tuned, I'll let you know if anything else is going on.

Just had a good lunch, seems I can't get enough to eat these days...Hey Nurse! I want more crackers, now!  Oops, guess my immuno suppresent drugs are making me a bit cranky. Just a minute, Hey Nurse! I want more cranberry juice deliverd to room 7125, Pronto! Oh my, it seems that Cyclosporine, Prednisone and pain medication has some side affects...sorry for yelling at you, Dad.

I just read about 20-25 Turkey Day cards from all of my co-workers...thanks guys, didn't know you were such great artists, poets, and philosophers...you made my incissions hurt, hope you are happy, now?

I think I'm going to take a nap, I'm feeling kinda.................

2 comments:

  1. Dad and I just got done reading your newest blog. He's been keeping up with you and you didn't even know it! :)

    Call us tonight if you can! B would love to visit with you!

    Papa Rod says he loves you very much and is thinking about you, Allen!! HAHA! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zakkery says he loves you and misses you and wishes you a speedy recovery and that you can get out of the hospital soon. He wants to come over to your house so he can play with Brayden.

    I hope you enjoy all the good food, and being able to breathe, it is such a wonderful gift to be able to breathe. God is so amazing! Can't wait to see you. Autumn

    ReplyDelete