Tuesday, November 30, 2010

More Accomplishments

Tuesday, November 30, 2010, Post Op Day 6

8:00am Remaining chest tubes removed.  Yes!

Nap time, I'm  beat.

More exercising...walking, steps, treadmill.

Arm exercises: up, down, up, down, up, down.

Nap time, I'm beat.

OK...Education time. Let's learn about all the antibiotics and rejection medications, doses and side effects.

Nap time, I'm beat.

OK, time to get up and  do some physical therapy.

I set another record today...walked more than half a mile and was not out of breath, amazed myself. Just another milestone I need to reach to get out of here, shouldn't be long before I get the discharge orders. It's still hard to believe that this time, last week, I could barely stand long enough to take a shower, and had to rest 2-3 hours afterwards due to the exertion.  My what a difference a new pair of lungs can make.

BM...oh yea, baby!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome news!!! Bet you are feeling a whole lot better! Keep up the good work so you can get home quicker. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already knew this, but how AWESOME!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Do I hear a sigh of relief all the way down here?? I think so! Glad things are still chugging right along for you, never had doubts that they wouldn't though. :-D

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely amazing!!! We're all rooting for ya and can't wait to see you again. You are a warrior. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing what we all take for granted. You are such an inspiration to me brother! I am so happy for you. Stay focused and keep it up. You da man.

    Jarrett

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo glad to hear you're going home!! You're such a fighter! Well, rock and roll!!! Now Bub can come see you! :->

    ReplyDelete