Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Transplant is Successful

As of 9:00pm the double lung transplant procedure is completed.

The surgeons are closing him up and he'll be sent to the ICU around 10:00pm and we will be able to see him. He will be sedated for the night and will be awakened in the morning to start the recovery process.

Visitation will be limited to immediately family in order to limit exposure to infections as his immune system must be suppressed to prevent donor rejection.

More information will follow as it becomes available.

Thanks for all of you thoughts and prayers.

This is a special Thanksgiving gift to all of us.

God Bless!

5 comments:

  1. Jessica Miller (Kolkmeyer)November 24, 2010 at 10:59 PM

    WOW! That is what keeps coming to mind. How amazing to have such a wonderful gift. Thank you to the donor's family, you are amazing for your compassion of others. Adam and family, I am so happy for you all. Congrats on the new lungs!!!!! So this means no more horrible coughs right :) (they always scared me in grade school) Praying for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Mike Eckelkamp's mom, Adam. I am thinking of and praying for you. I am SO happy for you and your family. Congratulations on your new lungs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam and I went to high school together. My brother-in-law, Michael, has CF and is quickly reaching the time for transplant. My heart is overjoyed and truly with you all. The fight isn't over, but what a hopeful part of the journey! Adam, I am so proud and grateful for you. I am truly overwhelmed with emotion. May the Lord bless you and keep you. My family is praying for your safe recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!!! Judy and I are in your corner hoping that all goes well with your new set of lungs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Adam, I work at Monarch Fire Dist. w/your Uncle Neal. He has kept us informed about your condition & what an awesome gift at Thanksgiving to see you walking after receiving your new set of lungs. Many of us have been praying for you & will continue to do so. WOW!!! AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing your photos. Sylvia Gerdes

    ReplyDelete